Sunday

Another Story for You All :: Engineering Student

Another Story for You All :: Engineering Student
 

I am Ashwin, doing my engineering final year. I have a sister who got married when I was in +2. Both our parents are working.
 
My sister is very beautiful girl. Even her dresses compliment her beauty. When I was in 9th class, one day I was caught by my sister while I am in her clothes. Though I mastered the act of dressing her clothes in secret for two years, I was caught.
 
My sister who is 4 years elder to me, to my surprise didn't shout. She held my hand and asked why I am wearing her clothes? She asked "are you wearing my clothes even earlier as I see my bras are getting stretched?" I never even thought the science of being stretched. I nodded yes while shivering. Guess she turned soft seeing me shake, she walked me to the dressing table, did light facial and complemented me with some more jewelry including bangles. She said "look in the mirror. Do you like now?"
 
I couldn't believe I am looking like a girl even with my short hair. She advised me to ready this way whenever I am wearing her clothes. I stayed that way till evening when it was about time for my parents to come home. I feared sis might tell our parents but it didn't happen.
 

Though she did help me, I feared to ask her again or dress in front of her. About a month passed, one afternoon, she asked "you are looking tensed. Are you hiding the idea to dress up in my clothes?" Again she caught my thought. She casually said "ok, go pick up that you like from my dresses". I jumped to pick up her baby pink gaghra choli which is her favorite too. She almost protested – but turned soft towards me. She gave me a padded bra and was surprised the way I wore it – commented "where did you learn to wear a bra like that? That is how mom taught me".  10/24/09  jaya
She readied me with light makeup. I slipped matching bangles and clipon earrings. I spent the afternoon with her in her dress. She asked why I like dressing. I told her she is my role model and I want to be like her sometimes. She kissed on my cheek "you are beautiful than me". These are the only two instances where I dressed in front of her. But she knows that I may dress in secret.
When I was in +2, my sister got engaged. For marriage preparations, one weekend, my parents, sis and I went for shopping. We went to Sridevi Silks, biggest shop in the town with 4 floors having wide range of clothing. We are directed to 4th floor which had a wing for exclusive designer sarees and wedding sarees.
 
All the sales persons are men. We saw two teenage girls with only in-skirts and body-fit half blouses. They have beautiful hair decorated with rows of jasmine flowers. Bindi, kajal and earrings enhanced their innocent faces to more beauty. They just covered a small towel over the blouse that hugged their full bosom. They looked very sexy. Their job is to wear and model the selected sarees for the customers to make up their mind. They are wearing sarees in style in front of customers and removing them to cover their bosoms with the small towel. I was amazed to see the teenage girls dress in front of everyone to model sexy in sarees.
 
I couldn't hold any longer – ran to the bathroom. Upon returning, I heard the sales person saying, those two girls are indeed boys employed to model for the customers. I was totally astonished hearing this. Unable to believe, my attention was focused on them. My sis observed my stares at the boys who are wearing sarees and modeling.  10/24/09  jaya
My sister opened a conversation – "those boys are very much like Ashwin. Seeing them I wonder how Ashwin would look if dressed like them". Mom just laughed. My sis continued "I bet Ashwin looks more beautiful than them". She declared, "Mom, on my bridal pooja day, I want Ashwin to dress in saree and be on my side. I really want his support as brides-maid on that day". This pooja is a tradition in our family where the bride will do pooja along with her sister who is next in line to become a bride. Fortunately, it is done in the house without any guests, so I am partially relieved thinking what would be mom's reaction. Mom who is already excited about her daughter's marriage simply said "yes". Dad just nodded in tune to mom's acceptance. I am shocked but thanked sis in my heart.
 
For every saree that sis liked she would bring the conversation "this looks good on Ashwin or on me?" My tiny protests were totally ignored. I was pulled into in selecting a saree for myself. After seeing many sarees, debating on what colors and designs suit me most, we three (mom, sis and I) agreed on one beautiful designer saree. One of the boys modeled the saree. I envied his beautiful looks in that saree. The boy while untying the saree asked "the saree is for whom?" Sis told "it's for him" pointing to me.
The boy gently held my hand, handed me the saree and asked "do you want to try?" Mom said "let's try on him". The boy took me to trial room, brought me a ready made matching blouse that fit exactly to my size. He readied me with the saree. He slightly did my facial. He gave his long braided wig, flowers, bangles, anklets, earrings. He brought a beautiful necklace from his boss. Looking at me in full length mirror, I felt great joy. I looked more beautiful than any of the girls I have seen.
 
I slowly walked to my parents as a bride. Everyone in the shop paused and looked at me. They applauded saying "girl! You picked very beautiful saree". My sis proudly announced "That girl is indeed my brother. We just learned how sarees spell magic on boys". Everyone got shocked hearing I am indeed a boy.
 
The owner of the shop is so impressed and on hearing it's my first time in saree, he gave me another beautiful saree as compliment. The boy changed me to that saree and packed the saree I purchased. I proudly walked out along with my parents in that saree to do some more shopping before we went home. Mom surprised me by piercing my ears and buying beautiful dangling set.
After sister's marriage, about couple of months passed by, mom said one day "wear earrings. Otherwise your ear holes will be blocked". She continued "since you have only sarees, wear your sister's gaghra choli that suits the earrings". I jumped, readied fully as sister advised the first time and surprised mom to present myself as a real girl. Incidentally sister called up on phone. Upon hearing I am in her gaghra, she said "naughty, you can take all my dresses, they are yours now. As per sarees – you can just borrow mine as I do require them". I said thank you and cribbed in a low voice "since I got so many dresses, to use them I have to be all the time in those which mom might not agree".
 
She talked to mom and I don't know how she convinced, mom assured me "you can be in dresses all the time when you are home. I will take care of dad". I jumped like a girl and hugged mom saying "thank you mom".
 
I am in my sis dresses all the time. Besides my long braided wig, I got a small wig where the hair can be pulled like a pony-tail. By changing these wigs, my looks changed too. Mom commented, you are having better choices than her and sis. After three months dad teasingly commented "I don't remember how you looked as my son". I hugged him with the reply "dad, meet your son in the college only. He doesn't want to be home".  10/24/09  jaya
In these four years of engineering, I was a girl home, a boy in college. Only when someone is visiting home, I used to present as boy and change myself the moment they left. My parents and house maid got used to seeing me as a girl.
 
I overheard a conversation between mom and sis. Mom said they are worried on how to find a girl for me once I get into a job. She is asking sis "do you know any girl who accepts Ashwini as house-wife while at home and as husband outside".
 
Adjusting my saree pallu, I joined them. Tears rolled over my cheeks on how beautiful mom is to take care of my real issues. I hugged them. Each of us had a little cry. Sis came with an idea "now its information age, what if we write his story and seek a girl in newspaper. He will sure get a girl who would shop sarees for him and perhaps pants for her". We all laughed a bit hearing the comforting idea from sis.

No comments: